Even though I have always feared getting lice, I never really thought we would actually get it. I just thought I was being too paranoid and that Heavenly Father knows that, that would be too much of a burden on me. HA! Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!! I have got to stop having "worst fears"! This is not the only worst fear I have had to face in the last few years! So, Mary came to me saying her head was itchy and I didn't think about it too much with her history of psoriasis. I just told her to make sure and use the special shampoo next time and that was it. Four days later she said, Mom, my head is still really itchy. I've always had the haunting word "lice" stuck in my head, and I'll check the kids here and there for it, so I checked and I really couldn't believe my eyes! I just stared for a few minutes not wanting to say it. When I finally did, it took Mary several minutes to believe me, then she started bawling! She didn't stop for an hour while David went out at 10pm that night and picked up the lice treatment, and I'm about to have a breakdown. We treated her, two days later, still live lice in her hair. The treatment says it kills the eggs, but it doesn't really, because these had just hatched. Soooo, I went on line and found that you can kill the lice by smothering them with mayonnaise or oil. The mayonnaise treatment is the first one I saw and I immediately grabbed it and totally soaked her hair with it, then wrapped it with a Walmart bag. After I already put it on, I went back and read that you have to leave it on for at least 6 hours because lice can hold their breath for a very long time! Poor Mary was dying, and Lydia said " this is the worst day I ever smelled!" But, it doesn't kill the eggs, it seems nothing does, so I spent 3 hours that night checking every single strand on her hair and pulling out dozens of nits. Then, in case I missed any eggs, I had to do the olive oil treatment (in place of the stinky mayonnaise) every other day for a week. I did it on Joy a few times too because I thought I saw one on her too. I lost an entire week to this, constantly cleaning, boiling, bagging things, sleepless nights, picking through hair, and around 50 extra loads of laundry. Now that it's all over, I'm more paranoid than ever about getting lice again! So here are my poor daughters being subject to my torture!
I laughed out loud at this title! DIE LICE DIE!!! HAHAHAHAHA!! I also laughed at the thought of poor Mary having to walk around with Mayo on her head for 6 hours! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! The worst day I ever smelled. HA! Love it! I am so happy they are gone. Oh please let this never happen to me. I know it will!
ReplyDelete