November, 2013

November, 2013

Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Daughter's a Spy, Shhh, don't tell!

As we were getting in the car to pick up sick Adam early from school, this is the conversation I had with Lydia.
L: "Sometimes I get a little tired when I'm spying on people at night."
M: "How do you spy on people?"
L: "I climb up on the wall and stay der for like 20 hours! Dat's why I get so tired at night. I like da left (wall) da best."
M: "Who do you spy on?"
L: "My family and Kristine (her friend). Sometimes I even spy in YOUR room!" Giggle, giggle "Once I even climbed on the ceiling! Once I even spied on Natalie (another friend)"
M: "How did you get to Natalie's house all by yourself?"
L: "Oh, I have an invisible car dat I drive in!"
M: "But, I'll worry about you too much if you go out by yourself at night."
L: "Don't worry, I have a force field around me dat protects me, and I have oder spies with me."
M: "Are the other spies your imaginary friends?"
L: "OF COURSE! Who else would it be? Oh, and one more thing. Last night I went spying with no shoes and no socks! Just bare feet!" More giggling, she was actually giggling through this whole conversation.
M: "I just love your stories, Lydia."
L: "It's not just a story!"
M: "Oh, I know, it's a real story though, huh?"
L: "Yep" Giggle, giggle

1 comment: